Together Toward a Sustainable Future
Artist and community organizer Marita Bujold will share how climate change is our opportunity to put our house in order - starting with food and water. She will talk about:
- Empowering communities and farmers with economic tools to sustain life and cool the planet.
- Restoring health to ecosystems.
- Aligning our public investments with our needs to be climate ready.
The Community Food & Water and Farm Bill does all three.
April 18, 4:45pm
DeWitt Wallace Library, Harmon Room,
Macalester College, St Paul MN
Event sponsored by Macalester College Student Government,
and Food, Agriculture and Society (FAS)
Economic Design for Publicly funded Climate ready Communities
- View the Together Toward a Sustainable Future slideshow.
- Listen to "How Mississippi River mayors handle a 'perfect storm' of challenges", an episode of MPR's Flyover program. MPR News host Kerri Miller moderated a discussion with a group of mayors who are all faced with the urgency of delivering clean water to their communities in the face of tight city budgets and aging infrastructure and a climate that's changing. The talk was part of the One Water Summit in Minneapolis.
- Listen to the Food Freedom Radio (AM 950) interview with Marita Bujold (Just Food and Water) and Phil & Kathy Dahl-Bredine (author of "Milpa: From Seed to Salsa. Ancient Ingredients for a Sustainable Future") about what the Mixtec of Oaxaca, Mexico can teach us about creating and maintaining a sustainable agricultural system.
- Contact us to schedule a presentation to your group.